This day turned out better than I could have imagined! Our goal – getting from eastern Oregon to the cruise ship before departure – was successful, but fun along the way made all the difference. My family took the headache out of navigating an unfamiliar city by collecting us from the airport, delivering us to the cruise ship, and providing an impromptu tour along the way.
To maximise limited time in Seattle we invited local friends and family to breakfast. It was wonderful catching up and meeting the newest additions to their families. I am so happy to see them thriving in their adopted home.
Dates: 2 July 2016
Travel with: Allen; got to see the Merlos, Teves & Taylors
Accommodation: MS Westerdam, Holland America Cruise Line
- seeing family and friends (!!)
- visiting the Merlos new Mercer Island home (!)
- Photo op at Kristin’s parents’ home overlooking the harbour (!)
- Embarkation of MS Westerdam to commence 7-day Alaskan Cruise
- mandatory lifeboat drill
- Spa tour of Greenhouse Retreat on MS Westerdam
Food & Drinks:
- breakfast at IHOP with friends and family (!!)
- Unsuccessful room service on board the ship
- Lido Market, MS Westerdam
- Family dinner in the Vista Dining Room, MS Westerdam
Transportation: John & Kristin made our day easy, picking us up at the airport and driving us around Seattle.