It has been five years since the three of us were together in Walla Walla. This trip was overdue. In the weeks leading up to our city break we were each slammed with work and personal distractions; it was a blessing that we’d sorted out the big ticket items – dates, location, flights, hotel – well in advance. We would have to wing the rest.
As it turned out. winging it worked great! We spent morning walking through parks, like Presidio and Twin Peaks, and evenings eating and drinking within walking distance of our hotel (which turned out to be a pretty large area on gorgeous spring afternoons).
After my friends left San Francisco on Monday I checked into Nob Hill Spa for a day of pampering. I was not impressed with the tiny gym which lacked the treadmill I was hoping for, but the silent zen room made up for it.
A 13-hour flight is a long way to travel for three full days, but worth it to spend time with these dear friends.
Dates: 19-25 April 2018
Travel with: Emily & Shay
Weather: sunny with some wind, mostly 50-60s, really consistent, gorgeous weather for SF. We even went to the outdoor pool one day.
Accommodation: Parc 55 San Francisco, a Hilton Hotel
- Self-guided walking tour including Lyon Steps, Presidio (Palace of Fine Arts), Wave Organ, Fort Mason, Fisherman’s Wharf, & Pier 39
- Twin Peaks hike
- mass at St. Patrick’s church (Catholic);
- spa treatment at Nob Hill Spa
Food & Drink:
- Chowder Hut Grill, Fisherman’s Wharf
- Papa John’s Pizza
- CityScape Lounge, Union Square
- Daniel’s Cafe (!) on Ellis, we ate breakfast here no fewer than 3 times in 5 days.
- Wipeout Bar & Grill (!) affordable Anchor beers on tap considering the Pier 39 location
- Bluestem Brasserie had good cocktails
- Pinecrest Diner (!)
- North Beach
- Maritime Wine Tasting Studio
- Jamba Juice
- Trader Joe’s
- Living Room Bar, W Hotel
- The View, Marriott Hotel
- Air New Zealand
- Muni – subway and bus
- Bart to airport, super easy
- tons of walking around town